The image above shows Josh interacting with future ‘customers’.
Subscribe with iTunes for iPhone or Stitcher for Android.
This episode is part of a podcast series called “Entrepreneurs & Economic Development” talking to entrepreneurs using business and technology to solve problems at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Listen to the interview by clicking play above.
Josh Pierce, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Off.Grid:Electric a pay-as-you-go energy company based out of Tanzania.
You will learn:
- How growing up in Rural California shaped Josh’s views on Sustainability
- Changes in Solar over the last 30 years
- An Outline of Off.Grid’s Pay-as-you-Go system
- Their 3 Biggest Challenges
- Their experience with Mobile Money
- Changing competition in the Off.Grid Energy Space
- Information about Off.Grid’s in-house training academy
- Off.Grid’s 5-Year Plan
- Josh’s alter-ego Captain Undaunted!
- M-Pesa Wiki Page
- Episode 4 – Digital Finance & Solar Basics
- GSMA – Mobile For Development
- GOGLA – Global Off-Grid Lighting Association
- Off.Grid Raises $16 Million (Dec 2014)
- Acumen Courses
- Xavier Helgesen, CEO (Forbes Bio)
- Better World Books, @BWBooks (Twitter)
- Erica Mackay, COO (Forbes Bio)
Contact Josh or Off.Grid:Electric:
Feel Free to Comment or Connect
- Leave a Comment Below
- Twitter: @Fetterly_BC
- Or Contact Page
- Facebook: Like Entrepreneurs & Economic Development
If you have any questions for Ryan, Josh or recommendations for future interviews please place them in the comments section.