The image above shows Proximity Designs staff developing new products.
This episode is part of a podcast series called “Entrepreneurs & Economic Development” talking to entrepreneurs using business and technology to solve problems at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Listen to the interview by clicking play above.
Subscribe with iTunes for iPhone or Stitcher for Android.
Jim Taylor, the Co-Founder and Chief Executive (CEO) of Proximity Designs a Burmese company that designs and distributes products to increase earning potential and improve livelihoods for the worlds poorest.
You will learn:
- How a job in Mississippi started Jim’s international social venture career
- The History of Proximity Designs
- How agriculture pumps and livestock loans can change lives
- Developing an international corporate culture in an Emerging Market
- Managing distribution and regional staff in a rapidly changing Burma
- Fun Question: Jim’s favourite vacation destination in Burma
Great QuotesYou exist to serve a customer @ProximityDesign #Tech4Dev Click To Tweet Myanmar is experiencing an uncorking of potential @ProximityDesign #SocEnt Click To Tweet The difference between a company and an NGO: After-sales service #Impact Click To Tweet
- Treadle Pump Wiki page
- Stanford d.School
- Fast Company Article on Proximity Designs
- Josh Pierce – Off.Grid:Electric
- Greenlight Planet
Contact Jim or Proximity Designs:
Feel Free to Comment or Connect
- Leave a Comment Below
- Or Contact Page
If you have any questions for Ryan, Jim or recommendations for future interviews please place them in the comments section.