This episode is part of a podcast series called “Entrepreneurs & Economic Development” talking to entrepreneurs using business and technology to solve problems at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Listen to the interview by clicking play above.
Subscribe with iTunes for iPhone or Stitcher for Android.
Richard Leftley, CEO of MicroEnsure a company that provides various insurances products in emerging markets to the worlds poorest.
You will learn:
- Texting to buy life insurance
- Why insurance is critical for the world’s poorest
- Different forms of insurance in emerging markets (Health, Crop, Livestock)
- Leveraging Partnerships to Scale
- Giving away insurance to increase customer loyalty
- Building Sharia law compliant financial products
- Listen to the clients, understand what they need - Richard Leftley Click To Tweet
- We wanted to make signing up for insurance as simple as buying a ringtone - Richard Leftley Click To Tweet
- The mobile channel has become immensely powerful - Richard Leftley Click To Tweet
- VSO UK – Voluntary Services Overseas
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Opportunity International
- Omidyar Network
- MTN Ghana
- Brian Prows – Interview with Richard
- World Bank
- Axa Insurance
- Sanlam Insurance
- Coffin Art – Buried Spirit: Incredible Coffins of Ghana
- Economist Article on Ghana’s Funerals
Contact Richard or MicroEnsure:
Feel Free to Comment or Connect
- Leave a Comment Below
- Or Contact Page
If you have any questions for Ryan, Richard or recommendations for future interviews please place them in the comments section.