The image above shows PEG Ghana staff at a local service centre.
This episode is part of a podcast series called “Entrepreneurs & Economic Development” talking to entrepreneurs using business and technology to solve problems at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Listen to the interview by clicking play above.
Subscribe with iTunes for iPhone or Stitcher for Android.
Nate Heller, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of PEG Ghana a pay-as-you-go energy company based out of Ghana.
You will learn:
- How Nate’s Peace Corp background affected his career
- Shifting from Crowdfunding for Emerging Markets to PAYG Solar
- Mobile Money penetration in West Africa
- M-Kopa’s 1st distribution Partner
- Last Mile Distribution & Rural Sales Networks
- Upcycling – Shipping containers to Retail outlets
- Nate’s Favourite West Africa food
[bctt tweet=”Solar #PAYG in #WestAfrica has the potential to take off right now! @NateHeller”]
[bctt tweet=”2 major impacts on #Africa over the last decade: #microfinance and cell phones “]
[bctt tweet=”Shipping Containers to Stores: Cut it, Paint it, add shelves @NateHeller #EmergingMarkets”]
The PEG Ghana/M-Kopa Solar Kit
- GSMA – Mobile for Development (Grant)
- Energy4Everyone (Grant)
- National Geographic
- GSBI Santa Clara
- Persistent Energy Partners
- Peace Corps -Senegal (Twitter)
- Husk Power
- Barefoot Power
- Simpa Networks
- Greenlight Planet
- Information on On vs. Off Network Systems.
- Zayed Energy Prize
- Mulago Foundation
- Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation
- Spire Education
Contact Nate or PEG Ghana:
Feel Free to Comment or Connect
- Leave a Comment Below
- Or Contact Page
If you have any questions for Ryan, Nate or recommendations for future interviews please place them in the comments section.