The image above shows a Kamworks Solar Home System (SHS) in action.
This episode is part of a podcast series called “Entrepreneurs & Economic Development” talking to entrepreneurs using business and technology to solve problems at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Listen to the interview by clicking play above.
Subscribe with iTunes for iPhone or Stitcher for Android.
Jeroen Verschelling, the Co-Founder and Chairman of Kamworks a renewable energy solutions provider based in Cambodia. Kamworks assembles and distributes branded solar products throughout Cambodia.
You will learn:
- How a Dutch renewable energy consultant started a solar company in South East Asia
- How a Mobile Money Partnership with Wing, a PAYG Solar Home System(SHS) and Kiva allows Kamworks to extend credit
- A description of Kamworks’ PAYG Solar Home System
- Differences between the African solar market and the Cambodian solar market
- The human centred design story of dutch university students in Cambodian villages developing their ‘Moonlight’ product and winning participatory design awards
- Changes in the Cambodian Energy market with new hydro dams and other energy projects coming online
Great QuotesWhat did people say when you started a solar business in Cambodia? They thought we were crazy!… Click To Tweet The Cambodian solar market - from car batteries to renewable energy with @Kamworks Click To Tweet The Trick to Cambodian Marketing - Great Word of Mouth @Kamworks Click To Tweet
Contact Jim or Proximity Designs:
Feel Free to Comment or Connect
If you have any questions for Ryan, Jeroen or recommendations for future interviews please place them in the comments section.